May Each Tomorrow Find Us Better then Today

>> Saturday, May 12, 2012




(FYI: this post might be kinda whiney)

This is what I feel like today......

Jer 20:18
Wherefore came I forth out of the womb to see labor and sorrow, that my days should be consumed with shame?


I feel like my days are consumed with shame. Shame that I am not able to be what I think I should be. Shame that OTHERS think I am not what I should be. Shame that I am so tied up on my own troubles I do not devote attention to my children as I should.

My husband and I have very conservative Biblical views (I do not want to debate those here). We believe that a woman should stay home and care for her children. It is the only thing I am "allowed" to do. It is what I always thought I wanted to do. But it is the one thing I seem *unable* to do. And therefore more shame.

Ideally, I would be able to use my home to include other activities in my home, but My♥Love doesn't like having people in the home and the house isn't presentable by anyone's standards. More shame.

So I have spent the morning crying. And praying. And reading my Bible. Looking or answers.

Jer 1:5
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee, and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee; I have appointed thee...


Ahh, sorry, Lord, it REALLY doesn't feel like that. I think I'll go cry some more now...

Done whining. ;-)

About an hour later....

I am feeling a little less like a complete failure. Sometimes I just get so overwhelmed at the level of disorder in my life and wonder "How ON EARTH can God ever use ANY of THIS?!"

However, I am no quitter. I will pull myself up by my bootstraps and face the day like a man, er, a woman!

And pray... fervently... that tomorrow finds me better than today.

Edited 9/13/13
At the time of this post, I did not know that I was suffering from side effects of improperly treated Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. Complications of this illness have made "normal" life very challenging. 






******************************************************** -------Comments feed my hungry blog-------

2 comments:

thea May 13, 2012 at 10:00 PM  

praying for you. I don't know how or what to pray for you but I know God knows what you need.

Sarah Forbes May 14, 2012 at 8:49 AM  

Thanks for your prayers Thea.

I have been struggling greatly with my life... the choices I have made, my short comings and inclinations, etc. I realized this weekend that I was allowing my life to run me rather than the other way around.

I am purposing to be more intentional about my life-choices. I will have to be very judicious about how I make changes tho.... last night I spoke a bit too harshly when I expressed my disproval of something My♥Love said. He was not very happy.

I struggle with tact, timing and being too emotionally charged.But I choose to believe God had a purpose for creating me. I am trusting Him to help me fulfill that purpose.

Post a Comment

Email subscription box

Related Posts with Thumbnails
All this is a result of my personal hard work. Do not take any of it and claim it as your own. Feel free to link and use my photos IF you give me credit. Please be honest. Any other use will need permission. Email me at (sarah.beyondallmeasure at gmail.com) to request permission for other uses.

BlogCatalog

Totally tutorials tips tricks recipes how tos

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP