Wayback Wednesday: Why I love to crochet

>> Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Why I love to craft, Part 1

My Grandmother,
Velma Singer
(1930-1993)
CROCHET
My mother taught me to crochet when I was 7. She is right handed; so teaching a lefty was a challenge for her. I am a visual learner so most of it I was able to flip around in my head and figure out from watching her. I do remember her trying to crochet left-handed to show me. I can only imagine how challenging that must have been. She was so sweet to try so hard to teach me. After that, I just started making stuff up. I remember looking through her crochet book at the more complicated stitches, but I never read the directions! Just made it up. Years later, I started trying to follow patterns and realized "Oh, that one I do is called a Triple Crochet,"  ect. I love crocheting for a lot of reasons, but one of those is that my Grandmother taught my mother and my mother taught me. I have even taught my boys. I love how it is multi-generational!
******************************************************** -------Comments feed my hungry blog-------

1 comments:

thea April 11, 2012 at 9:08 PM  

What a nice story/memory

Post a Comment

Email subscription box

Related Posts with Thumbnails
All this is a result of my personal hard work. Do not take any of it and claim it as your own. Feel free to link and use my photos IF you give me credit. Please be honest. Any other use will need permission. Email me at (sarah.beyondallmeasure at gmail.com) to request permission for other uses.

BlogCatalog

Totally tutorials tips tricks recipes how tos

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP