Enter the world of knitting

>> Saturday, March 13, 2010



As an avid crocheter, I have long drooled over the lovely knitted patterns I have seen. I have also joked, however, that the knitters need a crochet hook to "fix" thier knitting mistakes... so I will just stick to my hook. Nevertheless, I still admire the knitted way.

My mother taught me to knit shortly after she taught me to crochet. I was about 8 or 9. After losing the stitches down the length of my work a few times, I got frustrated and put it down. Once or twice over the past few years I have picked it up again and tried to do it. Only to be frustrated again.

Two decades later I have decided to pick it up again.

I met a lady in a Drs. office who was knitting while I crocheted. We were both waiting for our appointments. She was also a left-handed crocheter and had started knitting to finish her edges with a more store bought look. She began to tell me about continental method. It fascinated me. It made more sence to me than the method I have previously attempted.

So I decided to give it a try. Here is the video I am viewing today as I start my journey into the world of knitting.

Do you knit? What method do you use? Any advice for a beginner?

Oh, and I won't be starting with the perverbial scarf. Instead I will be making swatches of different stiches that I can use later as one would granny squares.
********************************************************
-------I LOVE COMMENTS!!!!!!!-------

Sarahatbeyondallmeasure.blogspot.com
Sarah.Beyondallmeasure@gmail.com
WWW.Beyond-All-Measure.Com (under construction)
http://www.beyondallmeasure.etsy.com/
http://www.ravelry.com/people/beyondallmeasure
Craftster Handle: Measure-once-cut-twice
Crochetville Handle: Beyondallmeasure

Come craft with me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Email subscription box

Related Posts with Thumbnails
All this is a result of my personal hard work. Do not take any of it and claim it as your own. Feel free to link and use my photos IF you give me credit. Please be honest. Any other use will need permission. Email me at (sarah.beyondallmeasure at gmail.com) to request permission for other uses.

BlogCatalog

Totally tutorials tips tricks recipes how tos

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP