Making your crochet projects feel softer

>> Friday, November 6, 2009

I am a sucker for soft fabric. I go through the fabric store running my hand along the fabric. I do the same thing in a thrift store in the clothing isle. I won't even wear clothes unless it "feels" right.

But I am frugal and usually use cheep-o yarn. But cheep-o yarn doesn't "feel" very good. So I am always looking for ways to make is seem a bit less cheep-o.


I cherish the feel of brushed yarns, but I a don't want to pay the extra for it and rarely find it at thrift stores.

 So PlanetJune's tutorial for how to make "regular" yarn feel fuzzy is the perfect solution. Even for sweaters or blankets! Doesn't everyone love SOFTER?


( Photo from PlanetJune)


 A tip I heard a while back: If your worsted weight yarn seems scratchy (isn't it usually?) wash it with extra fabric softener-- multiple times if necessary.

Do you have any tips for making worsted weight feel softer?

Post them in the comments!

2 comments:

Leslie November 6, 2009 at 8:20 AM  

I'm frugal too, I just knit less and save for the "good" stuff. I also spin for myself... Your thoughts on softening up yarn tho, will go in the info packets for the charity knitting. Thanks.

Beyond All Measure November 6, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

Wonderful! I am glad you are able to use the information.

Post a Comment

Email subscription box

Related Posts with Thumbnails
All this is a result of my personal hard work. Do not take any of it and claim it as your own. Feel free to link and use my photos IF you give me credit. Please be honest. Any other use will need permission. Email me at (sarah.beyondallmeasure at gmail.com) to request permission for other uses.

BlogCatalog

Totally tutorials tips tricks recipes how tos

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP