Using a Proportional Calculator

>> Monday, November 16, 2009

I aspire to designing my own patterns. I wish I knew how to turn the pictures in my head into finished garments.


I recently read this book, which explains how to take a basic shape of a bodice and alter it for additional styles.

I would love to be able to take these sort of patterns and enlarge them. There is a hard way to do this, which entails grids and drawing

...and long hand math. Eck. Eww.

So I went looking for a proportion scale. It will allow me to enlarge any pattern or shape you want, by making the math simple. I found two in calculator form free online.

Calculator #1
Calculator #2

Instructions on how to use the proportion scale for garment enlargement can be found here.
********************************************************
-------I LOVE COMMENTS!!!!!!!-------

Sarahatbeyondallmeasure.blogspot.com
Sarah.Beyondallmeasure@gmail.com
WWW.Beyond-All-Measure.Com (under construction)
http://www.beyondallmeasure.etsy.com/
http://www.ravelry.com/people/beyondallmeasure
Craftster Handle: Measure-once-cut-twice
Crochetville Handle: Beyondallmeasure

Come craft with me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Email subscription box

Related Posts with Thumbnails
All this is a result of my personal hard work. Do not take any of it and claim it as your own. Feel free to link and use my photos IF you give me credit. Please be honest. Any other use will need permission. Email me at (sarah.beyondallmeasure at gmail.com) to request permission for other uses.

BlogCatalog

Totally tutorials tips tricks recipes how tos

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP