In the thicket

>> Wednesday, July 8, 2009

We found these new born birdies in the tall grass behind my in-law's house. They were so young their eyes weren't even open yet. I wish I had gotten clearer pictures, but their poor mother was beside herself. It was so cute: I leaned over the nest (which had been build on the ground in the grass) and whistled; then all four little mouths opened and stuck straight up in the air waiting for food, followed by complaining chirps that I hadn't actually fed them anything. The yellow circle you see in the middle of the picture is one of thier little open mouths. Four little ones in all. The boys were very excited about it (they wanted to hold them, but I said "No."). It made the pictures in the science book come to life.
********************************************************
Sarahatbeyondallmeasure.blogspot.com
Sarah.Beyondallmeasure@gmail.com
WWW.Beyond-All-Measure.Com (under construction)
http://www.beyondallmeasure.etsy.com/
http://www.ravelry.com/people/beyondallmeasure
Craftster Handle: Measure-once-cut-twice
Crochetville Handle: Beyondallmeasure

Come craft with me!

Post a Comment

Email subscription box

Related Posts with Thumbnails
All this is a result of my personal hard work. Do not take any of it and claim it as your own. Feel free to link and use my photos IF you give me credit. Please be honest. Any other use will need permission. Email me at (sarah.beyondallmeasure at gmail.com) to request permission for other uses.

BlogCatalog

Totally tutorials tips tricks recipes how tos

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP