Simple Belgian Waffles-- recipe

>> Sunday, June 7, 2009




I wanted a waffle maker.

SO I went to Walmart and found one on sale. I must have been so excited to get it for only $10 that I failed to read that it was a BELGIAN waffle maker.

My first time making waffles with my normal recipe flopped.

I wanted to make waffles this morning but I didn't have any eggs (my hens aren't laying yet) or milk.

SO this morning I searched Google for a SIMPLE, egg-less, milk-less, BELGIAN waffle recipe. I say simple because many of the recipes called for ingredients that I don't always keep around the house (cream, club soda, etc).

Here is what I found and they turned out very well. DH even liked them!

(I am NOT vegetarian, but I like the recipe. I think they might even be better with eggs. I will have to talk to my mother about how to change it-- she is the recipe wiz).
_________________________________________________


Naked Vegan Waffles

Makes 4 (7-inch) round Belgian waffles
Recipe by Dave of WaffleParty.com

A few visitors to waffleparty.com have asked for just a basic, easy neutral waffle recipe to accompany the more adventurous recipes. So without further fanfare, here is your very basic—but still very delicious—vegan waffle.

* 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 1/4 cups soymilk, nutmilk or ricemilk
* 1/4 cup canola oil
* 3 tablespoons brown sugar

Sift or whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Mix the soymilk, canola oil, and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Pour the soymilk mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until blended. Leave some small lumps in the batter, as overstirring may result in tough waffles. Cook on a waffle iron for 3 to 5 minutes, generously spraying both grills with oil before each waffle.

For more waffle-related recipes, see WaffleParty.com

____________________________________________________________



********************************************************
Sarahatbeyondallmeasure.blogspot.com
Sarah.Beyondallmeasure@gmail.com
WWW.Beyond-All-Measure.Com (under construction)
http://www.beyondallmeasure.etsy.com/
http://www.ravelry.com/people/beyondallmeasure
Craftster Handle: Measure-once-cut-twice
Crochetville Handle: Beyondallmeasure

Come craft with me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Email subscription box

Related Posts with Thumbnails
All this is a result of my personal hard work. Do not take any of it and claim it as your own. Feel free to link and use my photos IF you give me credit. Please be honest. Any other use will need permission. Email me at (sarah.beyondallmeasure at gmail.com) to request permission for other uses.

BlogCatalog

Totally tutorials tips tricks recipes how tos

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP