Never boring-- a humorous story from my daily life!

>> Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My husband is a riot. He loves to experiment with what ever is near by. Especially when he is bored or hungry or waiting in a restaurant for our food to be ready.

Last week we were in our local A&W waiting for them to call his name to get our food. He had already spent some time getting ketchup and napkins and soda.

Still no food.

*Tap-tap* His fingers on the table.

Then he starts looking around for something else to do.

Ah... Heinz Ketchup packets.

He takes a napkin, wraps it around his hand and begins to twist one of the packs of ketchup.

I raised my eye brow at him.

"What?"

"You know that is going to make a mess, right?"

"I have a napkin."

"O-kay."

I decide to just let it go.

At that moment it did go.

The ketchup.

All over.

Him.

The boys laughed *Daddy is so neat!*

DH laughed. So did I.

"Didn't think it make that big a mess." he told me, sheepishly.

Just then they called his name to get the food.

"I'll get the food on the way back from the bathroom-- I'm gonna wash my hands."

I love my husband.

It is never boring.

We ate our dinner and left.

I thought that was the end of the ketchup packet adventures.

I was wrong...

A few days later the boys and I were at BK. I don't usually get them kids meals but they were on sale for $.99 which is how much a regular burger costs me, so I gave in.

I don't know what the worker was thinking putting ketchup in the >KIDS< bag that was going into a CAR.

But anyway.

I'm driving along eating my chicken burger and drinking my diet coke, when I hear:

"OOOPPS" It came from my oldest. It was almost a whisper.

That is one thing you DON'T want to hear when you are driving down the road with two boys and FOOD in the back of the car.

"What?" I asked with dread in my voice.

Then my youngest started squealing with laughter.

Oh no. That CAN'T be good.

I glace back and see ketchup.

On the ceiling of my car.

In my just-detailed-because-someone-broke-out-the-back-window car.

There was a line of ketchup stretching from the dome light all the way down the back window to the back dashboard.

"Daddy's didn't make such a mess." My oldest told me in his own defense.

"Child, don't do that again."

What was I supposed to say? Monkey see monkey do, right?

"Okay, Momma."

I should have paid more attention to see that he actually cleaned it up when we got home.

But a few days later....

We're driving in the car with DH.

DH notices the mark on the ceiling.

"What's on the ceiling?"

"My son," I laughed "tell your father where the stuff on the ceiling came from."

After the story was related DH says, "just because I do it doesn't mean you can."

Yeah.

Right.

That will work.





Who knew such a small thing could cause such an ordeal?



********************************************************
Sarahatbeyondallmeasure.blogspot.com
Sarah.Beyondallmeasure@gmail.com
WWW.Beyond-All-Measure.Com (under construction)
http://www.beyondallmeasure.etsy.com/
http://www.ravelry.com/people/beyondallmeasure
Craftster Handle: Measure-once-cut-twice
Crochetville Handle: Beyondallmeasure

Come craft with me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Email subscription box

Related Posts with Thumbnails
All this is a result of my personal hard work. Do not take any of it and claim it as your own. Feel free to link and use my photos IF you give me credit. Please be honest. Any other use will need permission. Email me at (sarah.beyondallmeasure at gmail.com) to request permission for other uses.

BlogCatalog

Totally tutorials tips tricks recipes how tos

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP