Tax Day Tea Party

>> Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A gathering of Tea Party participants today.



I didn't go. Not because I didn't want to. Not because I don't believe in the movement. Just because DH is not interested in being politcally active and I didn't want to make him uncomforatble. IF you have never lived with an introvert you have NO idea what I am talking about. Extraverts make up well over half of the population of the world. Of those who are introverted, FEW are as introverted as DH is. That is fine with me... it balances out my Not-So-Introverted-ism. I happily resign myself to his happiness.


But I did have to find out how it all went.



Here are a few of my favorite highlights--Signs reading (http://taxdayteaparty.com/):







"Change is all I have left in my pocket."

"Give me liberty, not debt."

"Redestribute my work ethic" (love this one!)

"Redistrobution: Audacity of DOPE"

"My share of the national debt is $36,000"

"A trillion times NO!"

"Hey Obama you can keep the change.''

"D.C.: District of Communism.''

"The real pirates are in DC"

"Congress-- get your hands off my piggy bank.''

"liberty is all the stimulous we need"

"I am not an ATM for congress."

"Even God only requires 10%!"

"3 months to destroy what we've had for 233 years"




As I read these I tear up. I am so proud of my fellow Americans. Regardless of political persuaion, they stood up for truth and right today.

According to the organizers the numbers are still pouring in. We don't even know how many paricipated. We know of thousands so far, maybe even millions. We never will know how many wished they had (like me).


GOD BLESS AMERICA
..............may His grace shime upon her...............
.................long may her flag wave high.............

====================================================================
Today I am reminded of a poem I memorized long ago:

Patriotism
Breathes there the man with soul so dead,
Who never to himself hath said,
"This is my own, my native land!"
Whose heart hath ne'er within him burn'd
As home his footsteps he hath turn'd
From wandering on a foreign strand?
If such there breathe, go, mark him well;
For him no Minstrel raptures swell;
High though his titles, proud his name,
Boundless his wealth as wish can claim;
Despite those titles, power, and pelf,
The wretch, concentred all in self,
Living, shall forfeit fair renown,
And, doubly dying, shall go down
To the vile dust from whence he sprung,
Unwept, unhonour'd, and unsung.
-- Sir Walter Scott
********************************************************
Sarahatbeyondallmeasure.blogspot.com
Sarah.Beyondallmeasure@gmail.com
WWW.Beyond-All-Measure.Com (under construction)
http://www.beyondallmeasure.etsy.com/
http://www.ravelry.com/people/beyondallmeasure
Craftster Handle: Measure-once-cut-twice
Crochetville Handle: Beyondallmeasure

Come craft with me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Email subscription box

Related Posts with Thumbnails
All this is a result of my personal hard work. Do not take any of it and claim it as your own. Feel free to link and use my photos IF you give me credit. Please be honest. Any other use will need permission. Email me at (sarah.beyondallmeasure at gmail.com) to request permission for other uses.

BlogCatalog

Totally tutorials tips tricks recipes how tos

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP