Raised beds with out spending a dime!

>> Saturday, April 11, 2009













I was at a second hand store and my Eldest spotted some broken dressers in the garbage pile. The frames were broken but the drawers were intact. So he asked and the workers let us take as may as we wanted for free.




I tried to get mostly ply-wood drawers but I have a few particle board ones as well.










I have also gotten a few off of FreeCycle. We simply removed the hardware and painted them.



I am also going to paint the inside to prevent rotting in there. Probably I will drill some holes in the bottoms for drainage.


Viola! Free raised Beds.

Hint: don't try to get them from Goodwill. They probably wont give you anything. Try something that isn't corporate. Like a church-run, local place. That is where I got mine.



********************************************************
Sarahatbeyondallmeasure.blogspot.com
Sarah.Beyondallmeasure@gmail.com
WWW.Beyond-All-Measure.Com (under construction)
http://www.beyondallmeasure.etsy.com/
http://www.ravelry.com/people/beyondallmeasure
Craftster Handle: Measure-once-cut-twice
Crochetville Handle: Beyondallmeasure

Come craft with me!

2 comments:

Howard Huang April 15, 2009 at 10:42 PM  

You should post this on Wacanai.com ( http://www.wacanai.com/intro ). It's a great article and I think a lot more people would see it if you post it there. I have posted articles there before and a lot more people read them. They have graphs to help you keep track of who is reading and using your info. You can also link your site to it so more people will go to your webpage. Thanks again for the info!

Beyond All Measure April 15, 2009 at 11:00 PM  

Thanks for your comment, I will look into it. Glad you liked the idea!

Post a Comment

Email subscription box

Related Posts with Thumbnails
All this is a result of my personal hard work. Do not take any of it and claim it as your own. Feel free to link and use my photos IF you give me credit. Please be honest. Any other use will need permission. Email me at (sarah.beyondallmeasure at gmail.com) to request permission for other uses.

BlogCatalog

Totally tutorials tips tricks recipes how tos

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP