Imagine that--

>> Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Inmates involved in crocheting and donating thier finished projects to others find the program rewarding.

I don't mean to be caloused.... but isn't this something everyone should be taught early? That giving to others brings more to the giver than the reciever?

"It is better to give than to recieve." (my paraphrase--Acts 20:35)

Maybe if these women had learned to be giving and caring they wouldn't have ended up in the place for those who take without asking and hurt without caring.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy for them. I am glad that they are being aided, esp by this -- my favorite of all crafts.

But it saddens me, as this is really a comentary on our culture.

Why did it take going TO PRISON for this lesson to be learned?

See the original article here.


********************************************************
Sarahatbeyondallmeasure.blogspot.com
Sarah.Beyondallmeasure@gmail.com
WWW.Beyond-All-Measure.Com (under construction)
http://www.beyondallmeasure.etsy.com/
http://www.ravelry.com/people/beyondallmeasure
Craftster Handle: Measure-once-cut-twice
Crochetville Handle: Beyondallmeasure

Come craft with me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Email subscription box

Related Posts with Thumbnails
All this is a result of my personal hard work. Do not take any of it and claim it as your own. Feel free to link and use my photos IF you give me credit. Please be honest. Any other use will need permission. Email me at (sarah.beyondallmeasure at gmail.com) to request permission for other uses.

BlogCatalog

Totally tutorials tips tricks recipes how tos

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP