Frog or Teddy Gift Topper -- free crochet pattern

>> Friday, April 17, 2009

by beyondallmeasure, Sarah Forbes




Ever noticed how expensive gift bows are? If I go into the store to buy a bag, card and bow, I come put spending $10! (Unless I am at the Dollar Tree) This is a solution I have come up with. This tag only cost me 10 minutes time and a few pennies worth of yarn. The ribbon I used on the frog was on sale for $.50/ spool. Since I tie the ribbon together at the back to form a holder, it can also be used later for a Christmas Tree ornament!





NEEDED:

30 yds of .375 wide ribbon (or small amount of WW yarn)
"I" Crochet hook (or "E" if using WW yarn)
ROW 1: ch 3, 12 DC in 3rd ch from hk, join to form circle in top of beginnning ch 3. (Body Made)
ROW2: ch 2, sc in next sp, turn (neck made)
ROW3: sl st between sc and ch of previous row.
ROW4: ch 4, 1 slst in ea ch, 8HDC into sl st that is farthest from hk, sl st into top of DC (on body) beside beginning ch (head made)
Row 5: 1 sl st in next 4 DC, ch 5, 1 sc in ea ch (arm made), slst into body, 1 sl st in next 2 sp, ch 7, 1 sl st in ea ch (leg made), sl st into body, 1 sl st in next 2 DC, ch 7, 1 sl st in ea ch (leg made), sl st into body, 1 sl st in next 2 sp, ch 5, 1 sc in ea ch (arm made), slst into body, 1 sl st in next 4 DC, sl st into head, i sl st in next 4 HDC, ch 3, sl st into same sp, sl st in next 2 sp, ch 3, sl st into same sp, sl st down to neck and fo.
Tie ends to form a loop for holding to gift.


********************************************************
Sarahatbeyondallmeasure.blogspot.com
Sarah.Beyondallmeasure@gmail.com
WWW.Beyond-All-Measure.Com (under construction)
http://www.beyondallmeasure.etsy.com/
http://www.ravelry.com/people/beyondallmeasure
Craftster Handle: Measure-once-cut-twice
Crochetville Handle: Beyondallmeasure

Come craft with me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Email subscription box

Related Posts with Thumbnails
All this is a result of my personal hard work. Do not take any of it and claim it as your own. Feel free to link and use my photos IF you give me credit. Please be honest. Any other use will need permission. Email me at (sarah.beyondallmeasure at gmail.com) to request permission for other uses.

BlogCatalog

Totally tutorials tips tricks recipes how tos

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP