Fowl Friends-- new additions to our little property

>> Saturday, April 11, 2009

Well, I finally did it... I got some fowl friends! Monday, I picked up 2 Malards--just a few days old, and Tuesday I picked up 5 pullets-- 1 rooster and 4 hens, they are about 2 weeks old. They are living in my dinning room right now. They are so cute. I have to keep the boys from smothering them or "PLAYING" with them as they call it. This usually means chasing, spooking, turning upside down or otherwise pestering! I am having a hard time getting them to understand that these are BABIES not TOYS. SO they have to ask before they touch.
Now, if I could just get the cat to ask first. So far he hasn't actually **eatten any**-- but I did find him with his arm in the box batting at them-- bad kitty!
I want the birds to like people and be freindly. But I don't want the boys to make them afraid of all children.


Here are my new additions:
The black one is the rooster (a dominik) I have 3 white somethings, and one red barred rock--last one she had). I am planning to name these birds after Shakespearian characters (the boys named the ducks-- see below): Sir Lancelot, Lady Beatric, Lady Portia, Lady Ophelia, Lady Juliet. I am not supersticious so I don't think that they will die just because I name them after characters who did die! LOL!


Here are the ducks... what characters!-- they *insist* on getting water EVERYWHERE. So they demolished this cardborad box and we had to move them to a rubbermaid bin yesterday. The boys have named these ones Squeeker and Squalker... we are not sure which is which yet... but one definatelly makes more noise than the other! But I still cant figure out which one is which!LOL!

********************************************************
Sarahatbeyondallmeasure.blogspot.com
Sarah.Beyondallmeasure@gmail.com
WWW.Beyond-All-Measure.Com (under construction)
http://www.beyondallmeasure.etsy.com/
http://www.ravelry.com/people/beyondallmeasure
Craftster Handle: Measure-once-cut-twice
Crochetville Handle: Beyondallmeasure

Come craft with me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Email subscription box

Related Posts with Thumbnails
All this is a result of my personal hard work. Do not take any of it and claim it as your own. Feel free to link and use my photos IF you give me credit. Please be honest. Any other use will need permission. Email me at (sarah.beyondallmeasure at gmail.com) to request permission for other uses.

BlogCatalog

Totally tutorials tips tricks recipes how tos

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP