My Second Painting-- "Daddy's Hands"

>> Tuesday, March 3, 2009


I recently took a pastel painting class. The first painting was the one I did in class. So this is the first one I did on my own. I LOVE painting. I am totally addicted! This was a painting that I made from a photo I took of my husband and son. I really struggled with the skin tones. Finally I just had to call it good because I was running out of time. I gave it to my father as a Christmas Present. His favorite song is the old Holly Dunn song "Daddy's Hands," so that's what I called it. And I gave him a copy of the song in poem form. I guess he liked it: It made him cry....
I can't believe I already sold a copy of it!
It's listed here:
What do you think of it?
this painting is copy righted, please don't take copies of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Email subscription box

Related Posts with Thumbnails
All this is a result of my personal hard work. Do not take any of it and claim it as your own. Feel free to link and use my photos IF you give me credit. Please be honest. Any other use will need permission. Email me at (sarah.beyondallmeasure at gmail.com) to request permission for other uses.

BlogCatalog

Totally tutorials tips tricks recipes how tos

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP