Leaving a legacy

>> Thursday, March 12, 2009



This is a letter that my husband's great grandfather wrote to him when he was born. It was included in a gift that was to be given to my DH when he was grown. The gift was a book called "Knowing Jesus."

The letter reads as follows:
"Just a line to Scott Thomas Forbes. A gift enclosed. May he always remember that he had a great grandpa when he came into this world. May he grow up and come to know Jesus. Then if we don't meet in this life we will meet at Jesus' feet in heaven."

The last line makes me tear up!

Two things strike me when I read this letter:
1)We should never underestimate our ability to influence future generations --even those we will never see.

2) There is a great cloud of witnesses waiting for us in heaven. No matter how alone we feel in our faith, we have a cheering squad! And most of them have stuffered beyond anything we will ever endure. If they endured, so can we.

I am so very grateful for my husband's Christian heritage. May we continue in thier footsteps.


*******************************************************
Sarahatbeyondallmeasure.blogspot.com
Sarah.Beyondallmeasure@gmail.com
WWW.Beyond-All-Measure.Com (under construction)
http://www.beyondallmeasure.etsy.com/
http://www.ravelry.com/people/beyondallmeasure
Craftster Handle: Measure-once-cut-twice
Crochetville Handle: Beyondallmeasure

Come craft with me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Email subscription box

Related Posts with Thumbnails
All this is a result of my personal hard work. Do not take any of it and claim it as your own. Feel free to link and use my photos IF you give me credit. Please be honest. Any other use will need permission. Email me at (sarah.beyondallmeasure at gmail.com) to request permission for other uses.

BlogCatalog

Totally tutorials tips tricks recipes how tos

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP