Fillet Welcome Sign

>> Sunday, March 8, 2009

I made this welcome sign for a wedding gift for a friend a number of years ago. It is the first fillet I had ever done. I completed it in three evenings. But it was alot of work! I didn't think you could see the words well enough so in the end I sewed beads to the solid stitches to make the words 3D. It was fun, rewarding, but I had sore hands afterward-- mostly because I had procrastinated in starting it and had to work it up so fast!






It is curved becuase I crocheted tighter the longer I worked on it!


The hanger was from the Dollar Tree. I found a hanging banner that had a removable back and sewed it to the fillet.


I don't recall where I got the boarder pattern, but the graph was created using this web site:
http://www.celticxstitch.ie/cgi-bin/stitches.cgi


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Email subscription box

Related Posts with Thumbnails
All this is a result of my personal hard work. Do not take any of it and claim it as your own. Feel free to link and use my photos IF you give me credit. Please be honest. Any other use will need permission. Email me at (sarah.beyondallmeasure at gmail.com) to request permission for other uses.

BlogCatalog

Totally tutorials tips tricks recipes how tos

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP