Consider it Experience

>> Saturday, March 28, 2009



I am trying. Really trying hard to be frugal. To spend less. To be more aware of where our $ is going. Today I made two blunders on my learning curve.

1) Safeway was having this great sale. 10 selected items for $.75 ea. Good deal on 2 ltr soda, salads, refried beans, paper towels, etc. However, I was not sure to check that all my idems were actually salw items. I guess my diet mt. dew wasn't cause it didn't count and I ended up paying full price for everything. NOTE TO SELF: Don't go shopping on a Saturday when they are busy and double check everything before you go to the checkout. Other wise you are wasting time and $!

2) Last week I got 12 pk of sausage links for $1.25/ea at Grocery Outlet. Tonight when I went to cook them up I realized they were "Hot and Spicy" --with Tabasco sauce! DH likes it, but it sent me and my little ones running for a drink! NOTE TO SELF: Double check when an item seems really cheep... there might be a reason!


The good thing that happened was DH came with me to Safeway. I think he appreciated seeing me trying to be wise with our $-- and also how frustrated I was when it didn't work out as I had planned. I used to be a spend-a-holic. Now when I get the urge to buy something, I try to find something free on the internet... a recipe, a pattern, a program. Usually I just need somethihng new to be excited about for a bit. And that doesn't cost me anything.

It means the world to me when I can see his appreciation for me and what I do reflected in his eyes. That really makes all this struggle worth it. That, and I know it pleases God.

********************************************************
Sarahatbeyondallmeasure.blogspot.com
Sarah.Beyondallmeasure@gmail.com
WWW.Beyond-All-Measure.Com (under construction)
http://www.beyondallmeasure.etsy.com/
http://www.ravelry.com/people/beyondallmeasure
Craftster Handle: Measure-once-cut-twice
Crochetville Handle: Beyondallmeasure

Come craft with me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Email subscription box

Related Posts with Thumbnails
All this is a result of my personal hard work. Do not take any of it and claim it as your own. Feel free to link and use my photos IF you give me credit. Please be honest. Any other use will need permission. Email me at (sarah.beyondallmeasure at gmail.com) to request permission for other uses.

BlogCatalog

Totally tutorials tips tricks recipes how tos

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP