A Blessing for the Bride-- free gift card front-- gifting the frugal way

>> Thursday, March 12, 2009


It's that time of year again. Weddings. They will soon be filling up my calendar. How about yours? With so many every year, I have started trying to find ways to cut the cost of the gifts. I usually make my own gifts, but I found I could easily spend $10 on just the gift bag and the card.
As for the card, I have started making my own as well. Below is one card front I made for a friend. It was my heart-felt wishes and prayers for her coming marriage. I have used the saying multiple times now.
-------------
As for the gift bags, I have come up with a few options:
1) The Dollar Tree has gift bags and sometimes I find something acceptable there.
*
2)Walmart has fabric for $1.50/yd. I can serge around the outside of 1 yd, gather it around the gift and tie with a ribbon, exra yarn or whatever I have (I have even used a rubberband with fresh flowers tuched inside). With this, the bride and groom also recieve a table cloth!
*
3) After Christmas, I stock up on solid colored red, gold, green or white wrapping paper when they are 70-90% off. I use these for the gift wrap.
*



Open this image in a new window to get a better view of it. It just isn't looking too good --on my screen any way. Free vintage clip art was used as back ground border.

This image is free for personal use only. Please leave the authors name with the quote.

********************************************************
Sarahatbeyondallmeasure.blogspot.com
Sarah.Beyondallmeasure@gmail.com
WWW.Beyond-All-Measure.Com (under construction)
http://www.beyondallmeasure.etsy.com/
http://www.ravelry.com/people/beyondallmeasure
Craftster Handle: Measure-once-cut-twice
Crochetville Handle: Beyondallmeasure

Come craft with me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Email subscription box

Related Posts with Thumbnails
All this is a result of my personal hard work. Do not take any of it and claim it as your own. Feel free to link and use my photos IF you give me credit. Please be honest. Any other use will need permission. Email me at (sarah.beyondallmeasure at gmail.com) to request permission for other uses.

BlogCatalog

Totally tutorials tips tricks recipes how tos

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP